This is a very simple but energy booster.
1 Packet pitted dates (or same amount in fresh dates
1 teaspoon honey
Warm water to soak dates
- Cover dates with warm water, just cover, leave at least an hour,
- Drain, but keep water,
- If dates are not pitted, do so now
- In blender add dates, honey, and a little date water.
- Puree dates in food processor or blender. Blend until the date paste is creamy. Add more soaking water if needed.
- Store in air tight container or bottle
Toast 2 slices of good bread, spread with date paste, sprinkle with sprinkles, cut into “fingers”, enjoy as a tea snack, or after school snack,
I CALL THEM “MORE Please””
- This recipe keeps for 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 3+ months in the freezer.
- Make your Date Paste in bulk. It will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. Store your Date Paste in a ziplock baggy, laying it flat in your freezer. Freezing it flat will enable you to break off a small or large piece as you need it.
- Can be used as sweetener in baking