This recipe calls for cooked pea beans or garbanzo beans (chickpeas). If you use chickpeas, begin soaking them 3 ½ hours before you make the soup. After 2 soaking hours, cook them in boiling water for about 1 ½ hours – until comfortably chewable. If you use pea beans, you needn’t soak them, but give them 1 ½ – 2 hours to cook. In either case, if you cook the beans in plenty of water, save the extra water to use as stock for the soup. You’ll have a fuller-flavoured, higher-proteined minestrone.
1½ cups cooked pea or garbanzo beans (¾ cup raw)
½ cup dry pasta
1 cup fresh chopped tomatoes
3 tbs Olive oil
1 cup chopped Onion
4 – 5 cloves crushed Garlic
1 cup minced Celery
1 cup cubed Carrot
1 cup cubed Eggplant or Zucchini
1 cup chopped Green Pepper
2 tsp Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Oregano
½ cup fresh chopped Parsley
1 tsp Basil
2 cups Tomato Puree
3½ cups water or stock
3 tbs dry Red Wine
4 – 6 servings
- In a soup kettle, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil until they are soft and translucent.
- Add 1tsp salt, carrot, celery and eggplant. (if you use zucchini, add it with the green pepper)
- Mix well
- Add oregano, black pepper and basil
- Cover and cook over low heat 5 – 8 minutes
- Add green pepper, stock, puree, cooked beans and wine.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add tomatoes and remaining salt.
- Keep at lowest heat until 10 minutes before you plan to serve
- Then heat the soup to a boil, add pasta and boil gently until pasta is tender
- Serve immediately, topped with parsley and parmesan
Posted in Food
Tagged carrot celery, chopped parsley, diet, dinner, dry pasta, food, garbanzo beans, green pepper, juice, pea beans, vegetable diet, vegetarian, water
Top 10 Benefits of Carrot Juice
- Carrot juice contains less calories and is very beneficial for weight loss.
- The functioning and health of liver and digestive tract improves by the intake of carrot juice.
- Carrot juice contains Vitamin E which helps in preventing cancer.
- Aches and pains associated with aging lessen with the intake of carrot juice.
- Vitamin A present in carrot juice improves eye-sight and helps in bone disorders, osteoporosis etc.
- It contains potassium which helps against cholesterol.
- Carrot juice is extremely beneficial for the liver as it reduces fat and bile in the liver.
- The juice revitalizes and tones the skin.
- Carrot juice is very rich in beta-carotene which is an antioxidant and it prevents cell degeneration. The aging process is also slowed down.
- Carrots contain beta-carotene which is converted into Vitamin A by our body. This natural vitamin A is very good for our body.
Posted in Benefits of, Food
Tagged benefits of carrot juice, beta carotene, calories, Carrot, cell degeneration, diet, energy, eye sight, food, health, juice, liver, minor health ailments, vegetarian, vitamin, water, weight loss
The number 6 vibrates to the energies of ownership, possessions and material wealth, love of home and family, care of others and nurturing, empathy and sympathy, responsibility and selflessness, provision and providing for the self and others. Number 6 signifies the need for stability in all aspects of your life.
The message of Number 6 is to keep a balance between your material goals and aspirations, and your spiritual, inner-self. Be grateful for what you have already, as an ‘attitude of gratitude’ encourages further positive abundance.
Number 6 encourages you to be loving, caring and nurturing of yourself and others.
Spirit of Six: Self-harmony; compassion; love; service; social responsibility; beauty, the Arts; generous; concerned; caring; children; balance; community service.
Influence of Six: Six is a center for harmony and balance, an excellent place for a family, especially with children. Six can contribute to feelings of wanting to help others and community service. Six is also excellent for those wanting to develop their artistic abilities or for nurturing and caring, such as a counselor or medical professional. In a Six it is easy to get to the heart of matters in a caring and compassionate way. Close loving relationships with your partner, roommates, friends and family come to life in a Six. Beautifying a Six as well as the surrounding area will drive those under this influence.
Challenges of a Six: Six is so geared toward giving there may be a tendency to give too much — seek a balance between giving to others and taking care of your own needs. The comfort in a Six may make one reclusive — push yourself out into the wide world!
Posted in Holistic
Tagged Angel Wings, balance, Bothasig, caring, clairvoyant, community, compassion, energies, energy, exhibitors, Fayre, food, healing of wounds, health, holistic, home, influence, inspiration, inspiring, juice, love, Market, minor health ailments, Northern Suburbs, nurturing, psychic, Readers, service, six, tarot, vegetarian, venue, workshops